Recruiters constantly seek out great front-end developers who do not just write codes but can also make user’s digital experience magical.
Here are some of the skills a recruiter looks for in prospect front-end developers. If front-end developer roles have been on your radar, take this fun quiz and see how many front-end technology logos you can recognize.
1. Front-end developers are often expected to have experience in designing and implementing UIs using Bootstrap, Foundation, or Ionic. These are all frameworks that use the fundamentals of a style language whose logo is seen below. What is it? (1 point)
2. The logo below represents a software widely used for design and rapid prototyping by front-end developers. Can you name it? (1 point)
B.) Adobe Creative Cloud
4. It is important that recruiters find a front-end engineer who uses test frameworks to ensure the quality of their work. Which one has the logo below? (3 points)
5. (bonus question) Now going beyond the front-end into the back-end, front-end engineers who can also code in a server-side language have extra advantages. One example of a server-side language has a logo shown below. Do you know its name? (3 points)
1. D-CSS, 2. B-Adobe Creative Cloud, 3. C-ReactJS, 4. A-Jasmine, 5. E-Python
(Note: The rankings below are based purely on mutant powers, not virtues.)
0-2 points: Erik Lensherr aka Magneto
3-5 points: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
6-8 points: Professor Charles Francis Xavier aka Professor X
9 points: Bobby Drake aka Iceman
10 points: Jean Grey aka The Phoenix
Want to test your geek language knowledge more? Try Geek Language Quiz 4.